Electrical Maintenance Engineer
Do you enjoy working with a down to earth, supportive team but at the same time be relied on to use your own initiative and problem solve out in the field? Our Field teams are critical in the delivery of our contracts, whether that is delivering or supervising maintenance, installation, cabling or civils works. Help build and keep the nation’s critical infrastructure connected and protected 24/7.
We are currently seeking experienced Electrical Maintenance Engineers to support our Highways Division and keep everything running smoothly and safely. Covering Berkshire, Oxfordshire, Surrey, Sussex, Kent, Essex, Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Suffolk.
What you’ll do:
You will work closely with and in co-operation with the Planner and other stakeholders on the programme of periodic inspections and testing of electrical installations at motorway network sites.
- You will carry out electrical maintenance duties associated with the National Highways communications network infrastructure.
- Carry out all associated installation and commissioning works in relation to project requirements and ensuring delivery on time and to quality.
- Completion of all relevant documentation and sign off.
- May be required to carry out training to the field team to improve electrical competence.
- Responsible for ensuring that established and potentially new customer relationships are maintained and developed by demonstrating the highest level of professionalism at all times.
- Monitor and report to line manager on progress and issues.
- 16th to 18th Edition
- Ensure that any changes to the electrical maintenance processes and procedures are communicated to all the operations teams as necessary.
- To perform risk assessments and assist with creation of method statements necessary for electrical maintenance activities required on the network.
- Able to work in outside environment.
- Ability to work at heights, and in confined spaces
- Happy to travel/ stay away overnight on occasion
- Willing to work outside contractual hours if required.
- Period electrical and testing inspections – City and guilds 2391 or 2392 or equivalent
- Experience of electrical maintenance requirements within buildings or telecommunications infrastructure.
- Knowledge of the NRTS products and services or Alcatel proprietary telecommunications systems and infrastructure
- Experience of the Motorway’s environment and the NH’s communications infrastructure.
What we offer:
A career at Telent can span sectors, roles, technologies and clients giving you the opportunity to develop, learn new skills and make an impact. We are growing and we rely on our committed Team to deliver.
We nurture the talent that makes this happen, by our on-going commitment to creating an inclusive culture that respects and values difference, that celebrates diverse ideas. We want everyone to feel they can be themselves and to thrive at work.
The additional benefits with this role:
- Company Vehicle
- 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
- Company pension scheme
- A range of family friendly policies
- Occupational health support and wellbeing Portal
- Discounts on Cinema, Restaurants and Shopping with Telent Reward scheme.
Click here for Telent Video!