Employee Relations Specialist
Our Business Support teams deliver the vital services to ensure the continued success of our business divisions. These services include HR, Finance, Procurement, Marketing, Legal and Commercial, Estates and Facilities, Core Technology, Corporate Security, IT, and Fleet. Every person in every team is contributing the lasting impact our Team makes. Help build and keep the nation’s critical infrastructure connected and protected 24/7.
Reporting into the Employee Relations Manager, you will be responsible for supporting Managers with full case management and administrative support on ER issues including disciplinary, grievance, absence management, probation, AWOL, flexible working, investigations, restructures, Consultations and TUPE. This is a varied role which would suit an organised, customer focused ER professional.
What you’ll do:
- Ensure HR Projects, i.e. TUPE, Redundancy are completed consistently and efficiently with required due diligence and within required time frames.
- To advise, guide and support managers with all matters relating to employee relations in line with Telent specific policies and procedures both at the informal and formal stages
- Ensure line managers are clear on how to conduct meetings, including advice on meeting preparation and how meetings should be chaired and concluded
- Effective case management of people related issues such as: disciplinaries, performance management, employment tribunals, grievance and absence management.
- Effective co-ordination and support of Consultations and TUPE situations.
- Providing advice and guidance on disciplinary and welfare cases, capability, grievance, and coaching managers where appropriate.
- In conjunction with the ER Manager, maintain and improve Policies such as discipline, grievance and absence together with the associated documents and processes
- Managing employment Tribunal and ACAS Early conciliation related cases including settlement agreements and redundancy cases.
- Ensure HR and Employment Law knowledge is up to date and advice is given is in line with law and best practice.
- Liaise with external providers, i.e. legal for additional support and advice where applicable.
Who you are:
- You will have previous experience working on significant TUPEs, Consultations and restructure processes.
- CIPD Qualified or working towards
- Well organised with the ability to plan, prioritise and manage high volume of case work and queries to meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Good working knowledge of current employment legislation and its application in the workplace
- Knowledge of ER procedures and processes such as employment tribunals, disability, diversity and equal opportunities.
What we offer:
A career at Telent can span sectors, roles, technologies and customers giving you the opportunity to develop, learn new skills and make an impact. We are growing and we rely on our committed Team to deliver.
We nurture the talent that makes this happen, by our on-going commitment to creating an inclusive culture that respects and values difference, that celebrates diverse ideas. We want everyone be themselves and to thrive at work.
The additional benefits with this role:
- 33 days holiday, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
- Company pension scheme
- A range of family friendly policies
- Occupational health support and wellbeing Portal
- Discounts on Cinema, Restaurants and Shopping with Telent Reward scheme.
Click here for Telent Video!