We are looking to recruit a high calibre and experienced Senior Digital Engineer to join our team at the Ellison Institute of Technology project in Oxford. Working with the Lead Digital Engineer you will support the development, implementation and deployment of Laing O’Rourke’s digital systems and processes to drive our digital transformation agenda.
Responsibilities focus on supporting our project team in the successful implementation of key digital initiatives which include new and advanced methods of using data, 3D modelling and visualisation for design, manufacturing and construction.
You will actively support and drive consistent implementation and continuous improvement of the LOR’s Digital Standards in line with industry best practice and emerging innovation and technology.
- Drives the setup and implementation of Digital Engineering on projects by applying appropriate influence, input, resource, process and protocols at bid, pre-construction, construction, commissioning, handover, operation and maintenance.
- Influences and supports the development of LOR staff to deliver Digital Engineering in line with their discipline specific responsibilities, through upskilling, training, workshops and regular communications utilising key project relationships.
- Drives the development of project specific solutions to deliver in accordance with our Digital Standards.
- Seeks out, influences, develops and maintains collaborative working relationships with key stakeholders, both internal and external, to deliver BIM strategies.
- Actively contributes towards and promotes best practice and the development of LOR’s Digital Engineering service offering. Seeks out opportunities to influence and share lessons learnt beyond direct line management reporting lines.
- Develops and encourages direct reports (where applicable) through constructive feedback and mentoring to ensure consistency in delivery.
- Responsible for the management and development of the project BIM model in accordance with the client and/or LOR requirements.
- Work closely with the Technical team to support BIM coordination and package management.
- Responsible for liaising with consultants, suppliers, clients and other stakeholders as necessary to achieve the digital aims of the project.
- Develops and maintains strong working relationships with key stakeholders, (e.g. bid/project senior leadership team, business unit specific).
- Responsible for ensuring governance and compliance with QA procedures and processes, and actively participates in further development.
- Proactively look for opportunities and taking initiative to enhance digital delivery, leaning on previous experience and the surrounding team to improve project outcomes and efficiency.
Qualifications, training and experience:
- Excellent communication and proactive teamwork skills
- The willingness to train others (in groups/individually) to support their digital literacy journey.
- Knowledge of design, manufacturing and construction processes
- Construction related degree or similar
- Experience user of Autodesk products including Revit / AEC Suite / Navisworks
- Knowledge an experience of applying ISO 19650 Part 1 – 5
- Experienced in model authoring, drawing production and BIM data management
- Able to work at the project site based location in oxford Littlemore full time.
- Willingness to travel to other projects and group events from time to time.
- Experienced in coding languages such as Dynamo, Python, Power Automate
- Experienced user of Solibri / Assemble / Trimble Connect / Lumion / Twin Motion / Power BI
- Experience of working as a team and managing others
- Recognised BIM Qualification
- BIM Professional Certification
Laing O’Rourke are an international engineering and construction company delivering state-of-the-art infrastructure and buildings projects for clients in the UK, Middle East and Australia.
Certainty, reliability, quality – this is what our clients want. And at Laing O’Rourke, we have more than 150 years of experience delivering it. Laing O’Rourke’s story is one of energy, passion, ambition, people and teamwork. We harness the power of our experience, stretching back over a century and a half to deliver certainty for our clients.
As part of the Disability Confident scheme, we would like to enable access to candidates with long term health conditions and disabilities through the ‘Offer an interview scheme’. This supports applicants that meet the essential criteria by offering an interview for the advertised position. Please let us know prior to interview what adjustments are required as well as discussing how we can support you in the workplace.
We want to ensure our recruitment process is accessible to all. If you need the application form in an alternative format or you would like to know more about our recruitment process, please get in touch.