AWE is recruiting for Manufacturing Quality Engineers in an exciting and growing part of its production organisation. The successful candidates will join a team providing support for a wide spectrum of Quality activities including assurance, process design, data analysis, process improvement and problem resolution, whilst also working to develop quality solutions to underpin our future quality strategy. This position offers outstanding career development opportunities and is designed to provide a skills and experiences to propel you on your future quality career.
Location: Reading/Basingstoke area
Salary: £35,720 – £45,000 (depending on suitability and level of experience)
Closing Date: 4th December 2023
As part of our People Promise, AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) has a range of benefits to suit you. These include:
- Time to recharge your batteries with 270 hours of annual leave (plus every other Friday off work)
- Consideration for flexible working arrangements so that your work may fit in with your lifestyle. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
- Opportunities for Professional Career Development that include funding for the annual membership of a relevant professional body, access to mentors and training
- Employee Assistance Programme and Occupational Health Services
- A generous defined contribution Group Personal Pension (we will pay between 9% and 13% of your pensionable pay depending on your own contribution)
- Life Assurance
- Discounts – access to savings on a wide range of everyday spending
- Special Leave Policy including paid time off for volunteering, public service (including reserve forces) and caring for your family
- A host of voluntary & core benefits to suit your health and wellbeing – more information available on our careers site.
- To ensure that Quality is represented at all stages of programme, project, trial or production. Provide technical guidance and customer support to ensure that deliverables and targets are met. Maintenance and enhancement of own skills, knowledge, and capabilities necessary to support both current and future work programmes. Identify areas of continuous improvement to promote and enhance Quality capability.
- Support delivery of technical assessments using appropriate methodologies and contributing to capability development.
- Attend design/technical/task reviews, defect reviews and stakeholder meetings as required to ensure Quality is represented.
- Control of inspection/calibration/reporting and processes, to ensure Quality delivery is maintained.
- Engagement with relevant stakeholders across AWE, the UK and our international partners.
- The Company may require you to fulfil any other reasonable duties aligned to your position from time to time in line with business needs.
- Co-ordination of Inspection activities.
- Application of SPC, FMEA, APQP and similar quality techniques.
To be successful within this role you will have: