AWE have an exciting opportunity to be part of a team that inspects and certifies the quality of Nuclear Weapon products. We are recruiting a Radiographer to join the dynamic friendly team that ‘making amazing happen’ with X-Rays. Candidates may already be holding certifications (PCN/ASNT or similar) to levels 1 or 2. We are seeking applicants from Industrial or Medical Radiography backgrounds who have a sound understanding in this NDT profession and if possible, experience in Computed Tomography.
All training will be provided as well as a career path for ASNT Certification to advance your career as a non-destructive testing professional. We encourage and support personal growth in a broad range of skills (including other NDT processes) to enable you to fulfil your potential. You will take up the challenge to deliver the radiography service with a friendly team across AWE, inspecting many kinds of Warhead Products.
Salary – £35,720 – 45,000 depending on experience and suitability to the role
Location – Reading Area
Closing date – 4th December 2023
Duties to include:
- Carry out radiography using digital, film and computed radiography processes
- Carry out duties to support the Safe System of Work for Radiography.
- Accept or reject finished items.
- Report inspection results with those responsible for products.
- Carry out inspection duties to meet programme demand and deliver continuous improvement in product quality.
- Work to company deadlines and targets.
- Engagement with the wider team, relevant AWE stakeholders and other functions to enhance inspection techniques. Inspect final products to ensure they are manufactured to a high standard.
As part of our People Promise, AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) has a range of benefits to suit you. These include:
- Time to recharge your batteries with 270 hours of annual leave(plus every other Friday off work)
- Consideration for flexible working arrangements so that your work may fit in with your lifestyle. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
- Opportunities for Professional Career Development that include funding for the annual membership of a relevant professional body, access to mentors and training
- Employee Assistance Programme and Occupational Health Services
- A generous defined contribution Group Personal Pension (we will pay between 9% and 13% of your pensionable pay depending on your own contribution)
- Life Assurance
- Discounts – access to savings on a wide range of everyday spending
- Special Leave Policy including paid time off for volunteering, public service (including reserve forces) and caring for your family
- A host of voluntary & core benefits to suit your health and wellbeing – more information available on our careers site