AWE is currently recruiting for a Resource Manager
Location – Basingstoke/Reading
Package – £45,110 – £71,300 dependant on skills and experience plus allowances
Closing date for this role is 5th December 2023
As part of our People Promise, AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) has a range of benefits to suit you. These include:
* Assess and plan future Production Operative or Apprentice Trainee resource requirements based on projected work, capability, impact of pipeline and levels of attrition, driving efficiencies and utilisation in line with budget.
* Lead, coach and develop a team at a local level to deliver team and personal objectives safely and securely to meet operational requirements.
* Maintain and promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security and quality and be a great team player.
* Works with key stakeholders to deal with escalated resourcing issues and enable decisions on conflicting demands.
* Set standards and competencies for Production Operative or Apprentice Trainee dependant on area and complexity of work.
* Be a focal point for Production Operative or Apprentice Trainee community and provide effective communication of corporate and local information.
* Lead, manage and promote the corporate Production Operative PDG, support line managers with the paperwork and submissions, ensuring all are given a fair and equal opportunity for progression.
* Give advice and guidance on career development including coaching, provision of feedback and providing appropriate support, directly or through others.
* Engage with the Trade Unions on all Production Operative or Apprentice Trainee associated activities.
* Proactive liaison with Leaders in the business, Resourcing Partners, HR Business Partners (HRBP) and Talent & Capability Managers to understand requirements and facilitate effective resourcing decisions.
* Promote and sponsor operational excellence and drive all actions aimed at continuous process improvement.
* Works effectively with others and building required relationships and interfaces to support delivery of the Programme.
* Provide a diverse and inclusive working environment that allows individuals to flourish and realise their potential.
* Work with others to form high performing teams.
* Adopt a ‘See It, Own It, Solve It’ mind-set, by identifying obstacles to success and taking ownership to find solutions to those problems.
* Responsible for undertaking other duties as reasonably required from time to time by line and task management, including work at other places within the UK or overseas; this will be done in consultation with you, and in accordance with any requirements contained in your Contract of Employment.
* The Company may require you to fulfil any other reasonable duties as aligned to your position from time to time in line with business needs; this may include additional roles as set out below (these are subject to your area of work, and where formally agreed by the individual):
– e.g. First Aider; Ballistic First Aider; RA First Aider; Assistant Zonal Control Officer
Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for this role.