SCADA Systems Support Engineer
When you join our Engineering Team at Telent, you’ll be empowered to innovate and drive common solutions, working closely with technical experts who are proud of the impact their work makes. Come join a high-performing team doing complex and critical work. Help build and keep the nation’s critical infrastructure connected and protected 24/7.
Do you have experience of supporting SCADA systems and knowledge of MS SQL Server? We’re looking for a SCADA Systems Support Engineer to ensure the availability, performance and security of a SCADA system controlling critical national rail infrastructure. The position will preferably be based in Warwick, but location can be flexible if the successful candidate is prepared to be in our Warwick office 2 days a week.
What you’ll do:
- Providing a technical system support service that ensures all applications are running to their optimum performance and that all departmental Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are met.
- Maintaining a detailed understanding of how the SCADA system application operates and communicates with its controlled assets.
- Maintaining an up to date application user interface by providing live deployments to the application.
- Being available for on-call duties when required (enhanced payment is offered for this)
- Engaging with key stakeholders and suggest improvements to support capabilities.
- Proactively monitor the availability, performance, and security of a SCADA system.
- Addressing SCADA system issues either by resolving the issue, working with internal teams or external providers (such as suppliers of technologies) to resolution.
- Performing scheduled maintenance tasks.
- Proactively updating tickets to ensure all the information relating to an incident so all parties have visibility of the investigation steps and resolution.
- Following test schedules.
- Producing clear and concise defects reports.
- Understanding and adhering to all system and service policies, procedures and processes.
- Proactively engaging with all members of the System Management Team to support a continuous improvement program for the SCADA system and the service provided with the customer.
- Supporting the transition of the SCADA system service by supporting the development and training needs.
- Playing a key role in maintaining all policies, procedures and processes.
- Contributing to overall support contract success by supporting other deliverables / tasks.
- Maintaining application security by deployment of system patches.
- Diagnosing and problem-solving complex issues.
- Performing new configuration deployments into the test and live environments
Who you are:
We are looking for a Scada Support Engineer with a good knowledge and understanding of SCADA technologies (e.g. Codra – Panorama) from a support and change control perspective, who has full proficiency in a range of technical processes or procedures with MS SQL Server experience including administration knowledge from a maintenance perspective and the ability to run queries and resolve issues through job-related training and considerable work experience, who completes a variety of a typical assignments who has experience working in an Industrial or a similar industry, who can work under pressure and to tight deadlines. Strong communication skills alongside a customer focused attitude are essential.
- Full Driving Licence
- Previous SCADA experience in a similar role
What we offer:
A career at Telent can span sectors, roles, technologies and customers giving you the opportunity to develop, learn new skills and make an impact. We are growing and we rely on our committed Team to deliver.
We nurture the talent that makes this happen, by our on-going commitment to creating an inclusive culture that respects and values difference, that celebrates diverse ideas. We want everyone be themselves and to thrive at work.
The additional benefits with this role:
- 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
- Company pension scheme
- A range of family friendly policies
- Occupational health support and wellbeing Portal
- Discounts on Cinema, Restaurants and Shopping with Telent Reward scheme
Click here for Telent Video!