Senior Infrastructure Engineer
When you join our Engineering Team at Telent, you’ll be empowered to innovate and drive common solutions, working closely with technical experts who are proud of the impact their work makes. Come join a high-performing team doing complex and critical work. Help build and keep the nation’s critical infrastructure connected and protected 24/7.
You will be joining an experienced dedicated team of engineers within our Rail Division, with the opportunity to work on some exciting large-scale projects. Working with the customer engagement during the Infrastructure implementation and testing phases, you will manage engineers tasks and work on a given project to ensure Implementation and testing phases meet project deadlines.
What you’ll do:
- Support the Senior Engineer – Infrastructure to develop migrations plans.
- Manage internal infrastructure training for engineers using Infrastructure Lab
- Feedback to Principal Infrastructure Engineer of any design changes that have been found in implantation and testing phases
- Use Kanban to manage tasks and workflows. Assign tasks to engineers and provide updates to the Engineer Infrastructure – Lead.
- Coordinate and assign work with the Infrastructure engineering team, providing support and updates to the Lead Engineer – Infrastructure when required.
- Plan, implement and review changes with adherence to the Change Management guidelines.
Perform troubleshooting where required, and lead problem solving efforts, liaising with vendors and other third parties when necessary.
- Review maintenance plans, build and procedure documentation.
- Establish guidelines and procedures for installation, maintenance, and management of infrastructure.
- Providing timescales and estimated levels of effort to complete project tasks.
- Planning the commissioning/decommissioning of systems within the data centre and at the edge.
Build a plan to mitigate technology obsolescence.
Who you are:
The ideal candidate will have previous experience within a similar role. You will have IT infrastructure experience, developed technical standards and be able to provide guidance on technical solutions.
- A good understanding of ITIL & Agile methodologies.
- Minimum BEng Degree level of education, or equivalent experience
- Proven record of implementing, delivering and managing Infrastructure services using and best practices and standards.
What we offer:
A career at Telent can span many sectors, roles, technologies and clients giving you the opportunity to develop, learn new skills and make an impact. We are growing and we rely on our committed Team to deliver.
We nurture the talent that makes this happen, by our on-going commitment to creating an inclusive culture that respects and values difference, that celebrates diverse ideas. We want everyone to feel they can be themselves and to thrive at work.
The additional benefits with this role:
- 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
- Company pension scheme
- A range of family friendly policies
- Occupational health support and wellbeing Portal
- Discounts on Cinema, Restaurants and Shopping with Telent Reward scheme.
Learn more about Telent:
Click here for Telent Video!