We are looking for a Project Manager to work on an engineering and materials trials project. At AWE we have an diverse portfolio of dynamic testing trial projects to deliver, this project is focused on long term storage materials. This is a fantastic opportunity to make a real difference to the safety of our nation, and work within a matrix team to gain a unique view of the entire project lifecycle.
Location: We are in the Berkshire countryside between Reading and Basingstoke.
Salary: From £45,110 depending on experience and suitability.
As part of our People Promise, AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) has a range of benefits to suit you. These include:
- Time to recharge your batteries with 270 hours of annual leave (including bank holidays, plus every other Friday off).
- Opportunities for Professional Career Development that include funding for the annual membership of a relevant professional body, and access to mentors & training.
- Employee assistance programme and occupational health services.
- Market leading contributory pension scheme.
- AWE Life Assurance policy.
- Discounts & salary sacrifice scheme – access to savings on a wide range of everyday spending.
Whilst not to be considered a check list, candidates should be able to demonstrate some of the following:
- Prior project management experience within a science, engineering, research, or similarly highly regulated industry would be beneficial.
- Demonstrable leadership and the ability to build strong focused teams.
- High energy levels to ensure successful project delivery.
- Skills to create and update all project documentation, including project management plans and supporting risks, assumptions, actions, issues & dependencies.
- Experience of project management tools and techniques for budgeting, change management and project goal setting.
- Ability to effectively prioritise workload, resources, and deadlines within high pressure complex environments.
- A proven record to drive project deliverables forward, working cooperatively with teams who have a broad range of skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with staff at all levels.
- Excellent customer and key stakeholder relationship skills.
- Knowledge of methods to track project deliverables including implementing key performance indicators and producing project progress reports.
- Risk techniques to manage project risks and interdependencies with efficient mitigation and contingency plans.
- Experience to manage projects through a lifecycle and the associated governance, including stage gate approvals.
- Ability to solve problems and deliver results through creative solutions and collaborating with cross-functional teams.
- Desire for continuous improvement through evaluation of both successes and failures.
- Positive attitude and willingness to be hands-on in a fast-paced, growing company.
- Deliver assigned projects in accordance with requirements, operational constraints, time, cost, and quality.
- Lead, coach and develop a team at a local level to deliver team and personal objectives safely and securely to meet our operational plans.
- Maintain and promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security, and quality and be a great team player.
- Manage projects with focus on Governance (compliance and reporting).
- Management of project resources (people, money).
- Lead the planning of the task/project.
- Manage work as defined in the Work Authorisation Document (WAD).
- Lead, support, and initiate change against the Performance Measurement Baseline (PMB).
- Lead, initiate and perform risk and opportunity identification and subsequent actions.
- The Company may require you to fulfil any other reasonable duties aligned to your position from time to time in line with business needs.
All candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role. It can take several months for clearance to come through.