AWE is looking for Facility Specialists (Deputy Facilities Manager)
Location – Reading / Basingstoke Area
Salary: Starting from £36,030 (dependent on experience)
There is a possibility this role will require shift working.
As part of our People Promise, AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) has a range of benefits to suit you. These include:
- Time to recharge your batteries with 270 hours of annual leave (plus every other Friday off work)
- Opportunities for Professional Career Development that include funding for the annual membership of a relevant professional body, access to mentors and training.
- Employee Assistance Programme and Occupational Health Services
- A generous defined contribution Group Personal Pension (we will pay between 9% and 13% of your pensionable pay depending on your own contribution)
- Life Assurance
- Discounts – access to savings on a wide range of everyday spending
- Special Leave Policy including paid time off for volunteering, public service (including reserve forces) and caring for your family.
- A host of voluntary & core benefits to suit your health and wellbeing – more information available on our careers site.
What’s A Day like in the life of a Facility Specialist (Deputy Facilities Manager)?
You will support the Senior Asset Operations Manager in delivering a flexible, varied and robust service to the Asset Operations Management Team across both Aldermaston and Burghfield sites. You will assist the Senior Asset Operations Manager in providing and maintaining cost effective operations within the limits of the appointee’s authority. As part of day-to-day activities ensure compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements and company Environmental, Safety, Health and Quality (ESH+Q) policies and procedures.
Your main responsibilities will include;
- Being the point of contact for customer/resident’s enquiries, offering advice & support on facility issues; liaising with suppliers and contractors to facilitate remedial works to resolve breakdowns and issues affecting facilities in support of business operations.
- Liaising with maintenance and third-party Contractors/ suppliers to ensure a Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) programme is facilitated and completed across the allocated area of responsibility to ensure compliance with statutory periods, regulation, and legislation.
- Supporting and facilitating Project teams & Facility Engineering to enable new works to be completed throughout the allocated area of responsibility.
- Actively managing allocated resource; Prioritising critical business operations (Site Green Status) to enable the best use of time and available resources ensuring value for money whilst supporting business operations, whilst identifying efficiencies and area of improvement throughout the allocated area of responsibility to support business operations and opportunities.
- Completing and closing out of CAFM generated tasking dockets within agreed timescales.
- Ensuring all work control measures have been considered and are suitable and sufficient for any given task.
- Taking an active role in implementing company policy including review, learn and improve activities.
- Implementing corrective or preventative actions when issues arise.
- Responding to and prioritising day to day facility operation demands maintaining facilities in a safe condition whilst maximising its availability for use.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Good interpersonal skills, with the ability to work as part of a team.
- Able to readily adapt and respond quickly to challenging situations and the changing needs of others.
- Experience of engaging with Stakeholders of various levels
- Ability to self-motivate and inspire confidence and commitment.
- IWFM is desirable but not essential as training can be given
Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for this role.