Health and Safety Manager – Construction
You will provide specialist subject matter expertise in Construction Health & Safety associated with large capital new builds, enabling works, refurbishment, and demolition programmes. You will be working as part of a team of Chartered Health & Safety professionals providing advice and guidance in line with relevant legislation, industry standards and AWE’s policies and procedures.
Location – Reading / Basingstoke Area
Salary – £41,500-£65,600 (Dependant on experience and suitability for the role)
Closing date – 5th December 2023
As part of our People Promise, AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) has a range of benefits to suit you. These include:
- A generous 270 hours of annual leave plus every other Friday off work.
- Opportunities for Professional Career Development that include funding for an annual membership of a relevant professional body.
- Employee Assistance Programme and Occupational Health Services
- A generous defined contribution Group Personal Pension (we will pay between 9% and 13% of your pensionable pay depending on your own contribution)
- Life Insurance
- An award-winning benefit scheme, AWE&ME My Choice, offers a wide range of lifestyle, financial and wellbeing services, including Cycle to Work and an Employee Discount scheme for savings on your every-day spending.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate the following:
- Extensive experience in the field of Construction Health & Safety including a thorough working knowledge of the CDM Regulations.
- Self-confidence to Professionally challenge long established processes and work activities.
- Can build effective relationships with people at all levels within the organisation, including working collaboratively with our Supply Chain Partners.
- Provide proactive, visible Health & Safety Leadership during onsite monitoring activities.
- Being commercially aware when providing Construction Health & Safety advice and guidance.
- Level 5 Qualification e.g. NVQ Level 5 Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety Practice, NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent.