We are looking for a dynamic and adaptable Project Manager to join us and contribute towards the success of our Hydrodynamic Projects. AWE has several world-class facilities dedicated to hydrodynamics research – hydrodynamic experiments represent the most comprehensive test of our integrated capabilities and provide confidence in the safety and performance of the warheads. This is fantastic opportunity to join us as we embark on a once in a generation programme of work.
Location: We are in the Berkshire countryside between Reading and Basingstoke.
Salary: From £45,110 depending on experience and suitability.
AWE has been voted one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK. As part of our People Promise, we have a range of benefits to suit you. These include:
- Time to recharge your batteries with 270 hours of annual leave (including bank holidays, plus every other Friday off!).
- Opportunities for Professional Career Development that include funding for the annual membership of a relevant professional body, and access to mentors & training.
- Employee assistance programme and occupational health services.
- Market leading contributory pension scheme.
- AWE life assurance.
- Discounts & salary sacrifice scheme – access to savings on a wide range of everyday spending.
What you will bring:
- Experience working within a project environment in a similar highly regulated industry.
- Demonstrable leadership and the ability to build strong focused and high performing teams.
- High energy levels to ensure successful project delivery and first-class communication skills.
- Experience and skills to create and update all project documentation, including project management plans and supporting risks, assumptions, issues & dependency logs.
- Experience of project management tools and techniques for budgeting, change management and project requirements setting.
- Ability to effectively prioritise workload, resources, and deadlines within high pressure complex environments.
- A proven record to drive project schedules forward, working cooperatively with teams who have a broad range of skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with staff at all levels within a matrix organisation.
- Excellent customer and key stakeholder management skills.
- Knowledge of methods to track project deliverables including implementing key performance indicators and producing project progress reports.
- Proven risk techniques to manage project risks and interdependencies with efficient mitigation and contingency plans.
- Experience to manage projects through a lifecycle and the associated governance, including stage gate approvals.
- Be comfortable with ambiguity and have the ability to solve problems to deliver results using creative solutions and cross-functional collaboration.
- Desire for continuous improvement through evaluation of both successes and failures.
- Positive attitude and willingness to be hands-on in a fast-paced, growing company.
- Deliver assigned projects in accordance with requirements, operational constraints, time, cost, and quality.
- Lead, coach and develop a team at a local level to deliver team and personal objectives safely and securely to meet our operational plans.
- Maintain and promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security, and quality and be a great team player.
- Manage projects with focus on Governance (compliance and reporting) and Budgets.
- Leadership of project resources (people).
- Lead the planning of the task/project.
- Manage work as defined in the Work Authorisation Document (WAD).
- Lead, support, and initiate change against the Performance Measurement Baseline (PMB).
- Lead, initiate and perform risk and opportunity identification and subsequent actions.
- The Company may require you to fulfil any other reasonable duties aligned to your position from time to time in line with business needs.
All candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role. It can take several months for clearance to come through.
Please note – all candidate applications will be screened in January 2024.