AWE is recruiting for a Quality Engineer to support a green field facility where you will be part of a cross functional team in developing and designing the supporting processes to help meet the needs of AWE.
Once established, you will be ensuring product certifications, working with cross functional teams to help build a culture of safety, driving a right first-time approach to quality and supporting continuous improvements culture.
This is a fantastic opportunity ideally for either a Quality Inspector who wants to progress into Quality Engineering, or an experienced Quality Engineer who wants a challenge. You will be working as part of a cross functional team.
Location – Reading area
Salary – £35,720 – 47,500 per annum (dependant on experience and suitability to the role)
Closing Date – 5th December 2023
As part of our People Promise, AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) has a range of benefits to suit you. These include:
- Time to recharge your batteries with 270 hours of annual leave (plus every other Friday off work)
- Consideration for flexible working arrangements so that your work may fit in with your lifestyle. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
- Opportunities for Professional Career Development that include funding for the annual membership of a relevant professional body, access to mentors and training
- Employee Assistance Programme and Occupational Health Services
- A generous defined contribution Group Personal Pension (we will pay between 9% and 13% of your pensionable pay depending on your own contribution)
- Life Assurance
- Discounts – access to savings on a wide range of everyday spending
- Special Leave Policy including paid time off for volunteering, public service (including reserve forces) and caring for your family
- A host of voluntary & core benefits to suit your health and wellbeing – more information available on our careers site
- Relocation package available (terms and conditions apply)
- Machine Shop manufacturing techniques (Milling / Turning / Additive Manufacturing), either from a recognised apprenticeship or working knowledge is an advantage.
- Fabrication techniques (Forging, pressing) from a recognised apprenticeship or working knowledge is an advantage.
- Ensuring that Quality is represented at all stages of programme, project, trial, or production.
- Provide technical guidance and customer support to ensure that deliverables and targets are met.
- Maintenance and enhancement of own skills, knowledge, and capabilities necessary to support both current and future work programmes.
- Identify areas of continuous improvement to promote and enhance Quality capability.
- Maintain and promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security and quality and be a great team player.
Whilst not considered a check list, candidates should be able to demonstrate the following skills and/or experience:
- Quality Improvement Tools & Techniques (APQP / FMEA / MSA / SPC / 8D / 3 C’s / Root Cause Analysis / Cause & Effect / 5 Whys etc).
- Non-conformance management (Teamcenter Problem Report / 8D).
- Defect Review Panel / Corrective & Preventive Actions.
- Quality Control Grading (QC1).
- Quality Control Plans.
- Product Lifecycle Management (Configuration controls & stage gate reviews).
- Management System Audits – ISO9001:2015 Quality systems management
- Inspection Techniques (Micrometer / Vernier / Shadowgraph / Height Gauge / CMM)