Quality Inspector – Day Shift
Location: Reading / Basingstoke Area
Salary: £27,960 – £35,000 (dependent on experience)
Closing date: 22nd Feb 2024
As part of our People Promise, AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) has a range of benefits to suit you. These include:
- Time to recharge your batteries with 270 hours of annual leave (plus every other Friday off work)
- Consideration for flexible working arrangements so that your work may fit in with your lifestyle. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
- Opportunities for Professional Career Development that include funding for the annual membership of a relevant professional body, access to mentors and training
- Employee Assistance Programme and Occupational Health Services
- A generous defined contribution Group Personal Pension (we will pay between 9% and 13% of your pensionable pay depending on your own contribution)
- Life Assurance
- Discounts – access to savings on a wide range of everyday spending
- Special Leave Policy including paid time off for volunteering, public service (including reserve forces) and caring for your family
- A host of voluntary & core benefits to suit your health and wellbeing – more information available on our careers site.
You will assist Quality service delivery through appropriate methods of inspection and evaluation, in support of the requirements of their specific Quality requirements. Other duties include:
- Supporting certification of products, process, services, and trials.
- Application of Route-cards, non-conformities, concessions, and work permits.
- Verification that EMIT, calibration and Electrostatic Discharge (ESD) testing has been carried out to comply with company policies.
- Manage the configuration of Tooling within a management system and continually strive to improve data quality.
- To manage all quality systems relating to tooling quality management.
- Raise non-conformances in line with company policy’s when tooling does not meet necessary requirement.
- Issue of final acceptance fit for use labels.
- Ensure production is supplied with verified tooling to meet the programme.
- Responsible for managing the Quarantine store and processing tools in a timely manner.
- Carry out periodic review against tooling management process.
- Manage Quarantine tooling procedures.
- Raising and processing inspection reports.
- Verification of calibration items recorded on the job card with a visual check and check this matches the details on AMS.
Whilst not to be considered a check list, candidates should be able to demonstrate some of the following:
- Recognised Engineering Apprenticeship or relevant experience.
- Good attention to detail is essential.
- Ability to understand and interpret engineering drawings, technical specifications, and standards. Good inter-personnel skills.