Design Engineer / Senior Design Engineer
Salary range: £35,720 to £68,000 (depending on experience) + allowances for specific roles
AWE is at the start of once-in-a-generation work programmes that will ensure we protect the UK’s safety and security for decades to come. We are seeking ambitious and motivated engineers, at all career stages and in all engineer disciplines, to join our team and contribute to our mission.
Are you looking for a career refresh and a feeling of satisfaction in a job well done? Would you like to use your engineering skills to work with remarkable people, on unique facilities, processes and equipment?
If so, then we want to talk to you about our exciting vacancies where you will make a genuine contribution to keeping the UK safe and secure.
This role will involve undertaking engineering assessment of existing facilities and provide the intelligent client function for suppliers undertaking larger pieces of work.
We are seeking candidates with a design background working in a high regulated industry such as: Nuclear, Oil/Gas, Pharmaceutical etc… to join us working on multiple projects across our existing estate. Focusing on ensuring our engineering assets perform to meet our safety needs.
- To conduct engineering assessments of nuclear high hazard facilities
- To support facilities in addressing any issues raised by undertaking options, studies and design work.
- Maintain an understanding of the relevant legislation, standards and documentation associated with the design of “insert discipline” design and delivery.
- Maintain high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security and quality.
- Carry out engineering assessment and optioneering activities in accordance with the authorised Corporate and Engineering Design Substantiation (EDS) processes and procedures.
- Interpretation of the Specific Safety Functional Requirements (SSFRs) against the relevant Structures, Systems and Components (SSCs).
- Assessment of SSCs against the SSFRs, Modern Standards and Continued Operations.
- Presentation of the results of the EDS assessments: In the format and to a standard specified within the authorised Corporate/EDS processes and procedures for a Design Assessment Report (DAR)
- Act as the interface between suppliers, facilities and the technical authorities
- Provide tasking information to the Engineering Manager to support project planning.
- Liaison with the appropriate Design and Technical Authorities, to address issues arising from the formal review of assessments
- The Company may require you to fulfil any other reasonable duties aligned to your position from time to time in line with business needs.